Friday, March 01, 2013

Got a call early like 11. I saw I had none, so Idecided to go forth and get some. Needed cash so I waited till I got some. Promising to get back in half a hour, I took off on my bike. I wont go across that river with a car. But I still have to go the same way. And I was lucky that the check point today was manned by army units and not marines. Just in case somebody might notice me coming and going. I try to take other routes and not go so directly.  I got their by following someone who I suspected was on their way. I didnt want to get their alone but I should have gotton their 1st. I got the last bag, and was told  to come back in 15 mins. I needed one more so I went bikeing toward the center of town. Just a few blocks away. You cross over blvds and suddenly its very diffrent. Commercial and Hotels and plazas and the busy busy of your average city in the west. What I had just left was just homes and modest streets. Small little non streets. Working class. Near the river close to the bull fights. I went to kill 15 mins by going toward more people. I had a bag, but I didnt worry much. I came up a street the wrong way slowly. Not too many cars but enough. And suddenly a tank. A blue federal police tank parked off the corner. It look like a check point, and I saw personal around, but they where not stopping anyone. The next corner the same. They where up the street from the mayors offices. So it was no suprise for them to be their. I just drove slowly by in no hurry. I got to the plaza and look at the watch tower. I took out the bag I had and knew I could make it 2. But I wanted another one since I was here already. I put it away quickly and without attracting attention so I hoped. I didnt have to much time. So I left again. Avoiding the feds, and went up again to that other part of town. I got their hoping and saw a small crowd waiting. Nothing. Had to wait. A mixture of young boys and men.Some real young. Some young men in their 20s 30s. Working guys mostly on foot and bikes. A few started stopping in cars. Their was maybe 15 guys. The goods guys would tell the newcomers to go around the corner and not be too obvious. But we looked all like we where waiting for a concert to begin.Too many in that place. But I had to wait. Till I got desperate about the time and left. It was good that no check point wasnt place on both ends of the bridge. I cross the river with 1 bag at least and pedel on as fast as my over weight body would take me. When I got their I took a tiny bit out, since I didnt get none. He didnt mind. And I got my obligations done a little bit late, but not to much.
Its like having to run a maize. The drug war makes us all mouses.

No comments: