Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Again the war on drugs makes its apearence. Its everywhere in the presence of military and federal police. Because thats all thats left on this side of the river between here and torreon. I bike a lot when I can, and since I had to go to Torreon to take some xrays, I decided to bike there. I had the time, and I knew that their would probally be a cheak point on the river between the cities. And whoala, their it was. A old two lane steel bridge made in the 30s was packed with traffic. So I narrowly missed people while going steady through a marine chk point. Both incoming lanes blocked. Marines in full gear, stoping traffic. Sending them either on their way, or stopping for a full inspection.
Since I was on a bike, I was oblivious to them. However I could see 3 marines looking through a working mans car trunk. Paint cans,tools etc. The t-shirted driver, looking anxious to go on to work, but having to wait for military men to go thru your things. I got where I had to go pretty fast and saw I had enough for some pot. I went to the usual places. Forgoten places. Where the working poor and the retired live. Old neighborhoods where torreon was made. Now vacant lot and slaughter house factories. Where the crevices of the nearby hills in the warrens where people lived, some sold drugs.
Yet their was none. The guys who where where out of pot. I asked them, since I saw their where guys Ive seen lots before so I could comfertabley ask them about a new place I knew of.
Was it theirs? "Yeah they said. And if they ask where you come from, just say here."So I went and almost didnt find them. But then I saw a guy with a bunch of cash sitting outside with a phone. I came up to him and said got any pot? The bags over their he pointed and he did ask where I came from. I answered the password, and approached the guy with the goods. I was still on my bike and was told by the goods guy to go bikeless. Obeying and not wanting to test anything, I willing forked over for a nice baggie. I ask till how late, and he said till 1 am. I left noticeing everything around so I wouldnt forget next time. Funny how all that happen just 10 blocks away from the marines check point.

No comments: